...A Cloud, A Seed and A Puppy

By Ralph Niere
“My life is a hunt for knowledge,
an adventure of service and
a journey yet to unfold.”





Once, my life was a big question. Now, I found the answer. My life is a seed that is thirsty for knowledge and hungry for the light. It is a cloud that is wandering wherever it can go and wondering what it can do. Finally, it is also a lost puppy that is trying to find his way to his master. Three answers to one question. This is my life.

My life was first a thirsty and hungry seed. I thirst for knowledge and I hunger for guidance. I drank from the ever-flowing fountain of knowledge, the books – I was not quenched. I ate from the crunchy and juicy fruits they gave me – I was not filled. Then, I glared at the interesting strangers surrounding me – I smiled; I found not what I was looking for, but something more important – wisdom. Wisdom is knowledge heartily done and willingly shared, way more important than knowledge. Finally, the seed is growing.

Next, my life was a perplexed cloud. I was once flying around and wondering how I should live my life. At times I find myself in total despair because I think my life is just a boring monotony. All I see is blue, sometimes the sun or the moon. It took some time, and then finally, I looked down. There is my purpose. The cloud quickly becomes the rain.

Lastly, my life was and still a lost puppy. I am a puppy that is striving to find its way back to its master. A puppy that is never losing hope to go home – glancing everywhere, sniffing every minute scent of its master, hoping that he could once again hear that voice his ears long to hear. Someday, the puppy will be home and it will wag its tail, happy together with its master.

Such is my life – a seed, a cloud and a puppy. A life governed by excellence, service and faith. It is a seed that is slowly growing into a tree through wisdom. It is a cloud that looks down to the ground and showers the seeds so that it will grow. It is a lost puppy trying whatever it can do to return to his Divine Master and someday it will be home with Him. This is my life. These are the answers to the question.
 

6 comments so far.

  1. Carlo September 4, 2009 at 7:23 AM
    I like this very much not because of the seed, the clouds or the puppy. I like its simplicity but the power of words is so strong. I especially like your introductory paragraph - no frills but very effective. I do not know what you cannot write!
  2. Ralph Niere September 4, 2009 at 10:46 PM
    Thanks sir!
  3. Maria Chona N. Tapucar, Ph.D. September 7, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    Superb usage of the Metaphor: Amazing Reflection. Cheers to a wonderful journey through life...: Enjoy the diverse blessings it is continuously offering!!!
  4. Ralph Niere September 7, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    Thank you!
  5. Licah September 8, 2009 at 1:31 AM
    hehe..nice! I nver thought of you being serious! haha! burger! burger! burger! bleh!
  6. Ralph Niere September 8, 2009 at 2:56 AM
    Sometimes, we have to...especially when it comes to projects, you know...hehe!

Something to say?